Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Friday, May 16, 2008

Wouldn't that just stink...

I haven't posted in quite a while. I really don't have a proper excuse...I've been busy with work and have been enjoying watching our surroundings starting to come alive. As always, the bird nerd in me is still alive...I saw my first Oriole of the season. Brad and I differ on our opinons on what is best about an Oriole...he loves their song (music man that he is) and I love their color...go figure! I didn't get a good look and I haven't heard one singing...I simply saw the bright orange fly quickly by my window yesterday! Hopefully there will be more to come!
Ok...now for the "stinky" part...I finally saw my very first skunk...live, not dead on the road, and not in a zoo. It was really cool!!! And I had my camera with the "big" lens with me! After it left the road and headed back into the woods, we moved on down the road...ok...so I made Brad turn around and go back to see if it came back out to the road (every time I have Brad "turn around" it costs me $1...normally well worth the cost!!! ha ha!!!). Of course it paid off...he was back out at the road...I didn't get any good shots so we passed him again as he scurried off into the woods, and turned around again...this time was better...he was running along the roadside but behind brush...here's the best of what I got...

Take note, I chased him while staying inside the vehicle, not on foot like I did the porcupine!! Wouldn't it just stink if he felt threatened enough to use his defenses???!!!! Ewwwww!!!

No comments: