Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Monday, May 19, 2008

Introducing Lucy...

Lucy is our new "pet" Canadian goose...ok, she's really not a pet. She is sitting on her eggs right in front of our house!!! How exciting!!! There is a tree down in the water a few feet from shore and she built her nest on the base of the tree. She is sooooooo very cool. She and her partner have been eating the weeds on the other side of the dock (a bonus for us! hope they eat lots!!). The other day she went back to her nest and it appeared that she might have been rotating the eggs...then she sat down and assumed her position. She lays down very flat...especially when anyone is nearby. She is very still. Check out the pictures I took...the only thing that moved was her neck and head...she followed my every move but I never actually saw her move even her head. We have had lots of boats since the beginning of the fishing season. I'm sure that has to annoy her...but my guess is very few of them have even seen her. She's very good at blending into her environment and protecting her new "babies." I look forward to seeing Lucy's babies...I've read the incubation time is 25-28 days. More photos and updates to follow!

No comments: