Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Monday, May 19, 2008

Sweet, sweet, orange...

I mentioned the bright orange bird the other day that flew by my window...there was no question it was an Oriole. I saw one again Saturday morning so I decided to put out an orange so they had something to eat. I really want them to stick around! Maybe, just maybe, if we keep them fed, we can keep them around here all summer. They are sooooooo beautiful. The orange on the female is about the color of the inside of the orange while the male of the pair is closer to the color of the outside of the orange. They are both stunning...but of course, the pull of the strong bold male orange is music to my camera lens! Unfortunately he is the most skittish...maybe by the end of summer, they will be more used to me and I won't have to shoot through the glass. I've been trying to get shots of them on the tree rather than on the orange, but they are harder to get...they litterally eat, jump up on a branch to wipe off their beaks, and fly off. Here are a few I've gotten thus far. Hopefully I'll continue to get photos this summer. We'll keep putting oranges out...will have to come up with a way to hang them because Mr. Red Squirrel is enjoying them waaaaaaay too much!!

Here is the female...isn't she pretty?!!!


Now here is the male...singing his little heart out...

No comments: