Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Snowmobiling Fun

We had great weather on Saturday and took advantage by hopping on the snowmobiles and heading out to enjoy the trails. Brad and Robby had gone out earlier in the week while I was out of town and they realized how cool the Long Lake trail was. They both wanted to share that with me. WOW! It was awesome!!! I've ridden on lakes before, but it has been a while. We rode pretty much the entire 17 mile length of the lake...it was fantastic! I was surprised by what were apparently once snow drifts out on the lake...they cause little hills...also known as JUMPS! Yikes! That was a surprise! Robby, of course likes those a lot! We're not "X Games"...but boy was it fun! We were on our way back to the house and Robby was way ahead of us. All of the sudden he stopped...hopped off his snowmobile...dropped to the ground...and started making a snow angel in the middle of the lake in a place where there was undisturbed snow. We laughed...and of course, I pulled out my camera. Pretty good angel, huh?



I had this desire to see if I could match Robby's 70mph...I did it! Don't plan to do it again, but boy it was a rush! Brad and I went out again after Robby went to work...we had a great ride...tried out another new trail for me and went down the channel for the first time. He was patient as I took time to snap a few shots. We saw our first porcupine of the season...he was way up in the tree and I could see lots of places on the tree where he's been eating the bark. As long as the pups aren't around, I really enjoy the strange little critters! It was a great day!!!

No comments: