Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Friday, February 22, 2008

One COLD Lunar Eclipse

Last night I decided at the last minute to do a little research to see if I could manage to get a couple shots of the lunar eclipse. I looked outside and shoot, it was already in process. Not sure if I read the time wrong or if the show started a bit early. Either way, I hustled and got both my camera and my tripod set up so I could go out in the COLD to see what I could get. I didn't dare check the temperature at the time or I wouldn't go back outside. Today when I checked, it looks like it was about -15 while I was out there. I went out, loaded the camera on the tripod, moved the tripod around in an attempt to dodge the tree limbs, and took a few frames. I didn't take the remote so I set the camera on self timer so I wasn't touching the camera during the exposure. I'd take a few shots then take the camera off the tripod...run inside to thaw out...and wait for the moon to change enough to go back out to brave the cold again. I think I could have slowed my shutter speed down a bit after the shadow became larger to get better photos...but I'll take what I got...I was a lunar eclipse rookie after all!!!




Looks like the next lunar eclipse isn't until December 2010...hopefully it will be warmer next time!!!! It was fun, but did I mention...it was COLD???

No comments: