Thru Barb's Lens Blog
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Schedule

Prop Insanity

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Ouch! That hurt!!!

This is a female Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker...isn't she stunning!!! She took a wrong turn today and mistakenly thought the reflection in our window was an open space to fly and slammed right into the window. It makes us sad when that happens. I ran to the window and saw her laying on the concrete patio. I went downstairs and could see that she was alert and breathing ok...and was moving her head around watching me. I think she just got the bajeebers knocked out of her. It is so rare that I see these beautiful birds so I couldn't help myself, I had to grab the camera since I knew she wasn't going to be there long. Sure enough, after I took several shots, she regained her senses and took off. She flew to a nearby tree and took another little while there getting her wits about her. She then flew off. It was incredible to see her so close, but I'm sorry we gave her such a bad headache!


No comments: